The Graphic Designer is responsible for executing marketing and design projects and tasks assigned to them by the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL/POTENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design custom WordPress layouts/templates in Adobe Photoshop.
· Process and edit product studio photos using Photoshop and Lightroom.
· Assists in the creation of social media content.
· Takes on projects assigned to them by Project Manager and other members of the Marketing team.
· Support Lead Graphic Designer or Developers on design and visual projects as needed.
· Apply and execute improvements and edits in their work from critique received by the design team and marketing department.
· Understand the differences between print and digital design and apply them to projects.
· Other graphic design, social media, eCommerce, and marketing projects as assigned.
· All of these tasks will be performed under the guidance and direction of the Project Manger.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required:
· Must have a graphic design portfolio or examples of your own design work – please include a link to your portfolio or an attachment of your work in the application. Applications without a portfolio or examples of work will not be considered.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites applications, like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Bridge.
· Must be familiar with current website design trends. WordPress experience is a plus!
· Must be a team player with a resourceful attitude that is eager to learn from the Graphic Designer and other marketing members, and have a willingness to ask questions when needed.
· Must be detail-oriented – must be great at paying attention to detail and be willing to work on projects that contribute to overall marketing success.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
· Ability to work independently on assigned work, follows directions and can work independently on concepts/ideas from others.
· Communication skills – Strong verbal and written communication – can talk about your process and the direction of your ideas and projects.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· A solid foundation of knowledge of layouts, typography, visual hierarchy, photography composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals.
· Must be able to take critique on projects/work gracefully and apply it.
· Strong organizational abilities and a drive to succeed.
· Reliable – Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
· Photography, illustration, or video skills are a plus.